Lead Business Solutions Consultant
September 2014 to September 2019
Against the challenging nature of critical 24/7 business operations for the force’s Contact, Command and Control (C3) Division, and a backdrop of highly politically driven objectives, direction and scrutiny, David provided ICT business solutions and change management support into a business area that previously lacked application and business process change for a period of over 15 years. The activities involved stakeholder management at all levels of the organisation from Customer Service Advisor through to Deputy Chief Constable, as well as external assurance organisations such as Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of the Constabulary of Scotland (HMICS) and Scottish Government. David performed a vital role in both strategic development, planning and delivery of large, high-profile transformational programmes within the division.
C3 Integration & Remodelling
- Development of Outline Business Case for the complete replacement of core C3 applications, including Multi-Modal Contact Platform, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Integrated Communication Control System (ICCS) and Command & Control applications
- OJEU Procurement documentation for Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ) & Invitation To Tender (ITT) in relation to C3IR programme
- Business Case and operating model for National Database Enquiry Unit
- Identify scope for digital transformation of existing online and offline business services.
To Policing Programme
- Contact Assessment Model (CAM) / THRIVE
- Benchmarking of 34 UK Police Forces to identify current use of THRIVE decision making model and association operational practice
- Development of a Police Scotland THRIVE Business Blueprint identifying efficiency improvements in the region of 30%.
- Development of an Initial Business Case for the implementation of a THRIVE decision making framework and associated Target Operating Model.
- Contact Strategy
- Development of an IBC for the development of a Police Scotland Contact Strategy project focusing on introducing a range of contact and resolution channels across Digital platforms.
- Development of a public engagement strategy to identify expectations of the public in relation to their needs for contact with police.
Digital, Data & ICT Strategy:
Transforming Public Contact
- Development of Initial Business Cases (IBC) and Final Business Cases (FBC) for the National ICCS and Unified Communication & Contact Platform workstreams,
- OJEU Procurement documentation for ITT
- Support & Evaluation of ITT supplier returns and supplier recommendation
- Contract finalisation and Project Initiation review
- Stakeholder management of various personnel from end-user through to Heads of Service, Senior Officers and Deputy Chief Constable
- Presentation and liaison with external assurance bodies including Scottish Police Authority (SPA) and Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of the Constabulary of Scotland (HMICS)
- Development of detailed governance papers including Board Papers, Strategic and Business Blueprints, Initial/Final Business Case,
- Business Process Modelling & Target Operating Model development
- Business requirements, Functional Requirements, Non-Functional Requirements, Functional Specification, and Technical Solution. Including the capture and documentation presented via various recognised models including User Stories, Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN), Flow Charts and Customer Journey Maps.
- Project Management Support
- Vendor Management (Frequentis, Northgate, Capita, APD (NEC), Deloitte, SopraSteria)
- Prince 2
- BPMN (Business Process Modeling Notation)
Software / Technologies
- Office & Office 365
- SopraSteria STORM
- APD Aspire
- Avaya CMS
- Frequenties LifeX 3020