Lead Business Analyst / Product Owner
The Scottish Government
August 2013 to September 2014
Working directly in consultation with Chief Executives and Heads of Service of Scotland’s major public sector organisations including Central Scottish Government Departments, NHS Health Boards and Local Authorities, David led a team of 12 BAs in the analysis of a Public Sector Services Review, implementation of a CRM-based stakeholder & service management system, implementation of the mygovscot services website and the redevelopment of the GLOW Educational Services Online portal.
Digital Scotland Services Review & Digital Transformation
Full public sector services review
- Stakeholder management of various personnel from end-user through to Heads of Service and Chief Executive
- Identify scope for digital transformation of existing online and offline business services.
- Project Management Support
Business Analysis Approach
Development of an agreed method of working applicable across all Digital projects and programmes covering various practices and methodologies including waterfall and Agile Scrum.
Stakeholder Services CRM
- Product Owner for Stakeholder & Services Management System (based on Salesforce)
- Implementation of a Salesforce CRM system to manage stakeholder engagement, recording of public sector services and analysis.
- Stakeholder management, including internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Chief Executive of SAAS, National Registers of Scotland, etc.)
- Coach & direct Business Analysis resources and activities throughout the Online Services & Strategy division (team of 12)
- Product Owner: own and prioritise user story requirements for SSMS product.
- Vendor Management (Civic Computing, Salesforce)
- Prince 2
- Agile (Scrum)
- BPMN (Business Process Modeling Notation)
Software / Technologies
- Office & Office 365