Project Manager / Lead Business Analyst
Wheatley Group / GHA
June 2008 to June 2013
David has led a series of complex projects affecting some of the core frontline business processes within GHA’s current business model, leading both technical and business development teams to deliver revised business processes and supporting systems. Each of these complex projects has delivered significant business change that has helped modernise GHA’s way of interacting with their customers. His ability to meet the business needs, deliver to expectations and his professional approach has led to regular contract extensions.
Choice-Based Lettings & Common Housing Register Applications
Exclusive Project Manager & Business Analyst delivering:
- Business & Systems Process & Culture Change, incorporating extensive As-Is & To-Be business and system process mapping. This included a review of GHA’s IVR process requirements and identify IVR integration process touch points with related software systems.
- System Integration functional and non-functional requirements, incorporating Data Migration, and SOAP web-service and data transformation mappings
- Technical mapping of interface specifications, and liaison with development teams on solution design
- Collating, co-producing and reviewing technical solution documentation to ensure fit with functional requirements
- Vendor management (Pulsion Technologies, Housing Partners Ltd, Northgate-IS)
- 3rd Party Supplier Resource Management (Onsite)
- External Evaluation & Surveys
- Process & functional enhancements
- Project Management responsibilities, including Stakeholder Management, Risk Management and Budget control.
Business Change Management
Implementing significant business & process change to the business as part of Customer Excellence programme:
- Fully revised housing allocation processes & systems, largest change to sector in Glasgow for approx. 30 years
- Business process remodeling in preparation for CRM business processes & systems, including definition and documentation of all functional and non-functional requirements.
Infor SunSystems Financial Implementation
- Procurement & Project Initiation Stage
- Vendor management (Infor)
Microsoft Project Server Implementation
Project Manager, Implementation & Process Analyst
- Establish internal MS Project Server 2010
Wheatley Group CRM
Lead Business Analyst
- Business workshops to establish change requirements
- Development of documentation to support procurement activity and business engagement.
- Development of Logical Data Model to support business and system processes.
- Project Management Support
- Process Modeling, Requirements Gathering (functional & non-functional) & GAP Analysis
- Interface between Business representatives and ICT Technical Team
- Data Migration Policy & Approach
- Business-Focused Design Forums & Workshops
- Test Requirements definition based on functional and non-functional requirements.
- Stakeholder management, including internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Glasgow City Council)
- Vendor Management (Pulsion Technologies, Infor, Housing Partners Ltd, Northgate-IS )
- Prince2 Practitioner Project Manager
- Budget Monitoring & Control
- Project Planning / Managing Project Stages
- Prince 2 
- BPMN (Business Process Modeling Notation)
Software / Technologies
- Sharepoint 2007
- Business Object (Reporting)